Monday 31 January 2011

Week 7: Meh

Week 7 saw Lee fall to the flu, probably not helped by running in sub zero temperatures every other day for 4 weeks in a row.

The training programme is now up to 5 nights a week (5 NIGHTS!). But the times saw a slight ease with the Sunday run only demanding 1hr 40 mins, ahohoho.

There isn’t much to report on the evening runs except they are hellish and freezing and sapping all my life energy and will power and I hate them and my legs constantly hurt and I cant play football properly anymore and I wasn’t very good beforehand so this isn’t helping and there’s still 10 weeks of this awfulness left.

I’m finding that I am getting quite irritable around the house as a result of having no energy or free time and I am starting to misjudge basic routine tasks. For example washing up is now not allowed after I destroyed the kitchen trying to dry a cup. Also answering the door is forbidden after collapsing over a radiator trying to get to the door. The cats have started looking at me in wide eyed horror as I crash about from room to room. My sole household responsibilities are now: 
  1. Completing Dead Space 2
  2. Running 
  3. Not breaking anything
On the plus side my legs are starting to feel more resilient and used to this abuse and my speed is noticeable increasing. I’m not sure if speed is a desirable attribute anymore with all this civilisation thing, but it is good to know that if we lived in prehistoric times I would be able to outrun a stegosaurus over a long distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment